This year the Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud serves over 16,000 students in its 57 schools : 46 elementary, 10 secondary and one elementary and secondary schools. The CSDCCS has a geographic area of more than 40 000 km2 extending from the Niagara Peninsula to Peterborough and from Lake Ontario (Toronto) to Georgian Bay and has its head office located in Toronto.
The mission of the Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud is to offer the students a quality education in a francophone Catholic environment where respect for the individual, the feeling of belonging to the Franco-Ontarian community, and the promotion of excellence and equity are visible and essential values for the students to reach their full potential.
The French-language Catholic students in the Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud are full-fledged citizens in their community, capable of affirming their faith, their language and their culture with pride. They meet with confidence and creativity the many challenges presented by today’s global, competitive and diversified society.
The French-language Catholic school: A whole world in itself!
Each of the board’s French-language Catholic schools offers a quality learning environment that provides the students with supervision and guidance imbued with the francophone culture and the Catholic faith.
Our schools are dynamic Christian communities that offer the students the exclusivity of:
- Catholic religious teaching
- integration into the school experience of the symbols, knowledge, competencies and values of the Catholic faith
- prayers and religious celebrations
- participation in sharing, mutual aid and cooperation projects, such as fundraising for the less fortunate and sick, as well as participation in Development and Peace projects
In this safe humanitarian environment, the following essential evangelical values are promoted:
- respect for the individual
- promotion of equity and excellence
- proud affirmation of one’s faith
- confidence and creativity
- charity, forgiveness, solidarity, mutual aid, and community service